Terms of Reference
Individual Contractor, Internet Governance Forum Project
Post Title: Individual Contractor
Duration: 12 Weeks
Date required: 29 January 2014– 29 April 2014
Duty Station: Geneva
Tasks and Outputs:
Under the overall guidance of the Programme and Technology Manager, the Contractor will:
1. Provide substantive and organizational support to the implementation of project objectives, as assigned by the Programme and Technology Manager, including liaising with Members and other stakeholders, maintaining relevant files and databases, and preparation of relevant documentation;
2. Focus specifically on and issues related to the Multi-stakeholder Advisory Group and Open Consultation meetings, including their logistical aspects;
3. Provide customer focus to all Multistakeholder Advisory Group members and other key stakeholders
4. Perform duties related to the workshop selection process.
5. Perform other duties related to substantive and organizational support of the IGF process, as assigned by the Programme and Technology Manager.
Duty Station and Fee
The place of work will be at the IGF Secretariat in Geneva.
The contractor fees will be paid evenly in three phases at the end of each four-week period according to the schedule of deliverables as stated in the Terms of Reference and upon certification from the Supervisor that the tasks have been satisfactorily carried out.
- Teamwork - Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals and has good interpersonal skills; ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Creativity - Offers new and different options to solve problems or meet client needs and takes an interest in new ideas and new ways of doing things
- Commitment to continuous learning - Actively seeks to develop oneself professionally and personally and shows willingness to learn from others.
- Professionalism – Ability to manage processes, maintain accurate records, interpret/analyze a wide variety of data, and identify/resolve data discrepancies and activity problems.
- Communication – Ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to communicate effectively orally.