All stakeholders are invited to send written inputs commenting on issues that will be discussed (agenda), with reference to the following background documentation. The guiding questions below are based on the the draft agenda:
1) What are some ways to:
- Improve the overall preparatory process of the IGF,
- Improve the nomination process and make-up of the Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG) and the appointment process for the IGF-MAG Chair,
- Strengthen the IGF support structures?
2) What measures can be taken to engage those stakeholders who are currently unengaged, with a view to expand and diversify physical and virtual participation?
3) What are the ways we can better capture the outputs of the IGF and increase their visibility and impact?
4) What modalities should be put in place to ensure sustained funding to support the IGF process and the IGF Secretariat.
5) How can the IGF better support the work of national and regional IGF initiatives (NRIs) and how can synergies between the IGF and NRIs and amongst NRIs be increased?
6) What are other issues, if any, that could be discussed at the Retreat?
Progress made in the implementation of and follow-up to the outcomes of the World Summit on the Information Society at the regional and international levels: Report of the United Nations Secretary-General, February 2016