1. Developing a basic framework for achieving safety
This session will develop a strategic overview in relation to the main components of a child online protection policy.
2 Promoting voluntary initiatives in the private sector
This session will discuss the role and responsibilities of the different players in the Internet and ICT industry.
3 Promoting user education initiatives and capacity building
This session will provide an overview of the range of approaches that have been developed in a range of different countries aimed at reaching out to key target audiences (policy-makers, industry, parents, guardians, educators and children).
4 Fostering international cooperation
This session will discuss the role and responsibilities of different international institutions and how they can improve the cooperation and harmonization in this area.
Speakers are as follows:
1) Sami Al Basheer Al Moshid, Director, BDT, ITU
2) Ms Cristina Bueti, (Policy Analyst, ITU)
3) John Carr, (CHIS)
4) Dr. Hoda Baraka, (Government of Egypt)
5) Giacomo Mazzone, (European Broadcasting Union, (EBU)
6) Natasha Jackson (GSMA)
7) Dieter Carstensen (Save the Children)
8) Maria Badia (Member, Committee on Culture and Education, European Parliament)
9) Mrs Jutta Croll, Managing Director Stiftung Ditial Protection Chancen (To be confirmed)