The concept of Dynamic Coalitions and a number of coalitions were established as a result of the first IGF meeting in Athens. These coalitions are informal, issue-specific groups comprising members of various stakeholder groups.
Most Dynamic Coalitions allow collaboration of anyone interested in contributing to their discussions.
Dynamic Coalition Requirements - Information for Coordinators
*To establish a dynamic coalition, initiators are advised to first hold a meeting and express the need for creating their coalition. They are required to make a written statement which should outline:
- The need for the dynamic coalition
- An action plan
- A mailing list
- The contact person(s)
- A list of representatives from at least three stakeholder groups
It is also recommended that the support of stakeholder groups in creating the coalition is illustrated. Whilst not compulsory, setting up a webpage or a blog is highly recommended.
*Once established, coalitions will be asked to submit a yearly report or thematic paper to the Secretariat as an update of their activities. Such a report is required to be considered eligible for an individual meeting slot at annual IGFs.
*To stay informed of the DC community's activities, including coordination activities, subscribe to our mailing list.
*Dynamic Coalition documents are available on the IGF Review Platform.
List of Active Dynamic Coalitions
- Dynamic Coalition on Accessibility and Disability
- Dynamic Coalition on Accountability
- Dynamic Coalition on Blockchain Technologies
- Dynamic Coalition on Child Online Safety
- Dynamic Coalition on Community Connectivity
- Dynamic Coalition on Core Internet Values
- Dynamic Coalition on Freedom of Expression and Freedom of the Media on the Internet
- Dynamic Coalition on Gender and Internet Governance
- Dynamic Coalition on Innovative Approaches to Connecting the Unconnected
- Dynamic Coalition on Internet and Climate Change
- Dynamic Coalition on Internet Rights and Principles
- Dynamic Coalition on Network Neutrality
- Dynamic Coalition on Platform Responsibility
- Dynamic Coalition on Public Access in Libraries
- Dynamic Coalition on the Internet of Things
- Youth Coalition on Internet Governance