The remote moderators have three functions:
- They have to connect online with the remote participants;
- They have to connect the online participants to the discussions in the meeting room;
- Lastly, they are responsible for some follow-up work for archiving purposes and in view of improving future remote participation efforts.
- Connect to remote platform from a dedicated computer (if possible, connected to a projector)
- Moderate the online discussions
- Follow online interactions and answer questions/comment as necessary
- Facilitate online discussion and troubleshooting
- Liaise with onsite tech support
- Collect online meaningful interventions (and forward them to the in situ meeting)
- Exhibit any pre-recorded video or audio intervention at the appropriate time
- Communicate with technician on possible current and/or possible future online problems.
- Follow on site discussions
- Showcase the remote participation on projector when and if appropriate/possible
- Communicate with panel moderator to present remote interventions and questions at appropriate times (based on collected interventions)
- Facilitate remote (audio/video) interventions from remote participants/panelists (with the help of technician)
- Communicate with technician on possible current and/or possible future in situ problems.
- Collect all related material for archiving purposes
- Summarize statistics (as much detail as possible):
- number of participants
- number of hubs
- number of questions:
- Number of audio/video interventions
- Other topics of interest
- Present a report on the remote participation (personal experience and/or technical and/or statistical report); the aim of this report is to provide material that will help future remote participation.