Governance and cooperation for an evolving Internet: How does Internet governance need to change in order to meet the changing nature and role of the Internet? What tools, mechanisms, and capacity building instruments are needed for stakeholders to effectively cooperate, and engage in Internet governance?
Birds of a Feather - Auditorium - 60 Min
The United Nations Secretary-General’s Roadmap for Digital Cooperation has set the way forward for implementing the recommendations of the High-level Panel on Digital Cooperation. Recommendation 2, which focuses on developing human and institutional capacity, is recognized in the Roadmap as being central to achieving real and sustained progress in this era of digital transformation, particularly for developing countries. In order to design and implement the actions needed to drive progress under this Recommendation, an extensive United Nations inter-agency and multi-stakeholder process has been underway since 2019, co-championed by ITU and UNDP.
This session will convene high-level subject experts and stakeholders to engage in an interactive discussion with participants on the key actions that have been taken to strengthen global digital capacity development efforts. In particular, the session will feature the launch of a global Multi-Stakeholder Network (MSN) to promote holistic, inclusive approaches to digital capacity development for sustainable development and discuss opportunities for stakeholder engagement.
Office of the Secretary-General's Envoy on Technology
- Jeoung Hee Kim, ITU
- Derek Pieper, UNDP
- Ms Maria Francesca Spatolisano, ASG/OIC, Office of the Secretary-General's Envoy on Technology
- Ms Doreen Bogdan Martin, Director of the Bureau for Development, ITU
- Mr Robert Opp, Chief Digital Officer, UNDP
- Mr Anir Chowdhury - Policy Advisor, A2i Bangladesh
- Mr Björn Richter, Head of Digital Cluster of Global and Sector Programmes, GIZ
- Mr Calvain Nangue, Project Manager, Skills Development and Capacity Building, Smart Africa
- Ms Tereza Horejsova, Director Project Development and Partnerships, Diplo/Geneva Internet Platform
- Mr Christopher Painter, President of the Board, Global Forum on Cyber Expertise (GFCE)
- Ms Kate Wilson, CEO, Digital Impact Alliance (DIAL)
- Panel moderated by: Ms Yu Ping Chan, Senior Programme Officer, Office of the Secretary-General's Envoy on Technology
Yu Ping Chan (OSET)
Caroline Troein (ITU), Carolin Frankenhauser (UNDP)
Carolin Frankenhauser (UNDP), Caroline Troein (ITU)