¶ 2 Leave a comment on paragraph 2 0 In the context of an IGF Initiative, “multistakeholder” means that the organizers of the IGF Initiative have to maintain a multistakeholder composition, where the members initially come from at least three different stakeholder groups, with the intention of eventually evolving toward the inclusion of all stakeholder groups.
¶ 3 Leave a comment on paragraph 3 0 The initiatives are free to choose the name for their core organizing teams. Usually these are called: Organizing Committees, Steering Committees, Executive Committees or even national or regional Multistakeholder Advisory Groups (national and regional MAGs). Additionally, besides the multi stakeholder nature of the Organizing Teams, the membership composition also needs to reflect the regional and gender diversity. The regional diversity means primarily that the membership composition involving members from more than one city/town/village or country, depending on the environmental structure of the community.
- ¶ 5 Leave a comment on paragraph 5 0
- To ensure the initiative is organized, and work conducted in line with the main IGF principles;
- To coordinate the preparatory process for the annual meetings, especially in regards to planning the program, overall logistics and finances;
- To initiate and coordinate outreach toward the wider community, with goals of informing the community about the existence of the initiative, thus raising awareness on the importance of the NRIs and ways of engagement.
- In this regard, its task is to streamline the outreach activities toward bringing new stakeholders into the initiative’s process, either as members or as partners/supporters;
- To actively explore sponsorship opportunities for supporting the organization of the NRIs annual meetings
- In regards to the annual meeting programme agenda and major decision making processes, to coordinate the public consultations, call for inputs and proper classification of received inputs
- To prepare an annual meeting report in (one of the) official national language(s) of the respective communities the NRIs act within, and to ensure
- the report is made publicly available and presented to the concerned stakeholders, at-large community, the global IGF, and other organizations, fora, and processes within the global Internet governance ecosystem;
- To ensure consultation with concerned stakeholders on all important matters related to local and/or regional Internet governance processes, and that the input received is integrated into the NRIs’ decision-making processes; and
- To represent the initiative at all relevant events, particularly the IGF and the NRIs.
¶ 7 Leave a comment on paragraph 7 0 The initiatives are free to decide on the mandate of the organizing committees. The initiatives are free to decide on the mandate of the Organizing Teams. To be fully inclusive it is recommended that OTs establish an open and inclusive approach to engagement while respecting the geographic, stakeholder, and gender balance. Over time, this may lead to rotations or it may result in increased membership in an OT.