Silvia Bidart is General Director of ALETI (Federation of ICT Ibero-Latin American Industry National Associations); World Information Technologies and Services Alliance (WITSA Vice President) (Latin America - on behalf of Cámara de Empresas de Software y Servicios Informáticos (CESSI)). She is also liaison officer of the ALETI Latin American ICT R&D and Innovation Technology Platforms; President of Financing Working Group of eLAC 2015 (@lis/ECLAC-UN); Member of the i20 Chief Innovation Officers of ILSI; Member of the Global Alliance for ICT & Development – Global Alliance for ICT and Development (GAID), WITSA BOD, and member of the WITSA Public Policy Task Force.
She is an expert in ICT Strategies and Information Society and Digital Public Policies. Her experience includes PMI (Project Management), FP7 projects, IDB, UNDP, GTZ, and ICT Public Policy consultant. Speaker at more than 70 events in Latin America, Europe, Taiwan, Arabian Emirates, and Australia. Former professor, and radio broadcasting producer. Silvia participated in the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS); she has attended and participated as a speaker in several of the WSIS forums and the Latin IGF initiatives.
Ms. Bidart is also:
(1) Former IDB/UNDP for the Coordination of the Argentine Software and Information Services Technology Forum for the Ministry of Economy and Production of Argentina, which main achievements includes the Software Promotion Act N° 25922, National Strategic Plan 2004-2014, and an Action Plan to coordinate actions in ICT with different bodies of the National State, Private and Academic Sector;
(2) Hemispheric Advisory Board of ICA-IDRC;
(3) Coordinator for Latin American Office of WITSA,
(4) World Chairman of Emerging Countries Task Force of the World Information Technology and Services Alliance (WITSA);
(5) Executive Director of CESSI;
(6) Coordinator of the Argentine Forum of Electronic Commerce;
(7) Advisor on Technology Projects at the National Technological University of Buenos Aires
(8) Leader of the Argentine-Japanese IT Task Force;
(9) GTZ-DESCA Program Consultant.