Eng. Ahmed Mohammed Alsuwaiyan, Governor and Board Member of the Digital Government Authority from May, 2021, to date. He was appointed to his position at an excellent rank by the Royal Order No. (A/516), dated 21/09/1442 AH. Additionally, He holds memberships in various boards and committees, including the Board of Directors of the National Center for Government Resource Systems, the Board of Directors of the Saudi Center for Economic Business, the Board of Directors of the National Center for E-Learning.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration from Prince Sultan University (PSU) in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia 2008
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM) in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia 2004
- Senior Executives Program Certificate from London Business School (LBS) in London, UK 2021
- Certificate in Change Management from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in Boston, USA 2016
- Certificate in Management Excellence from Harvard Business School (HBS) in Boston, USA 2014
- Numerous professional certifications in various domains such as leadership, management, business development, and technology
Alsuwaiyan held several executive positions in the public and private sectors:
Alsuwaiyan Contributed to founding Etihad Etisalat Company (Mobily) and overseeing the launch of its commercial operations in May 2005. He progressed through various positions within the company until he was appointed as Executive Vice President for Application Planning and Development in March 2015, during which he supervised several programs and projects. In this role, he was responsible for overseeing numerous programs and projects related to postpaid and prepaid services, network infrastructure, and internet services catering to both individual and business customers.
In September 2015, he joined the Saudi Industrial Development Fund (SIDF) as the Executive Vice President for Strategic Planning and Information Technology, where he contributed to the development of SIDF strategy by developing financing policies, introducing new products, serving wider segments of customers and sectors, in addition to leading the IT transformation program.
In March 2017, he assumed the role of Undersecretary of the Ministry of Finance for Technology and Development Affairs. In this capacity, he spearheaded a comprehensive strategy for digital transformation that that yielded several notable accomplishments, most notably the launch of the (Etimad) platform in January 2018, the launch of a (Sarf) system for the financial rights of government sector employees, the launch of the (Tahseel) system for public revenues for the state, and the launching of a range of products aimed at delivering services to government agencies and the private sector.
On February 16, 2021, Cabinet Resolution No. (373) was issued to transform the Agency into the “National Center for Government Resource Systems”, and H.E. Alsuwaiyan was appointed as CEO of the Center in March 2021.
On May 3, 2021, Alsuwaiyan was appointed as the Governor of the Digital Government Authority, at the excellent rank.