Facilitated by Dynamic Coalition on Data Driven Health Technologies
Health Matters and the UN Sendai framework: risks and opportunities
Public discussion on the use of ICTs & Technology response enablers, in times of health care crisis oganized by Session organized by Dynamic Coalition on Data Driven Health Technologies (DC DDHT)
Agenda For Session
- Introduction to DC DDHT and participants
- Part A
Outline of United Nations Sendai Framework as relevant to Health Technologies; power point presentation from Amali De Silva-Mitchell Coordinator DC DDHT, that outlines the framework within the context of e/m health. 5 to10 minutes.
- Part B
Open public discussion / survey of opinions, soliciting input from participants on four questions. Each question will be allocated 30 – 45 minutes of discussion time, if participants are engaged. Facilitation will be through a virtual lineup / queue or request through chat, with 3 minutes speaking time allocated to each participant.
Moderator(s) will be members of DC DDHT.
Notes will be kept of the discussion and a short report produced which will be presented at IGF Poland DC DDHT Session Health Matters 2021 as a kick-off to Part 2 of that session.
The questions to be discussed with the public will be as follows:
- What have we learnt (issues, risks, gaps, opportunities etc.) from health technology and ICTs roll out, during the Covid19 pandemic in the area you come from
- How can we develop resilient, timely, relevant health technologies for the future, to enable management in times of crisis, and how can the UN IGF / UN Agencies community help with this?
- What investments are required to build better and stronger health technology infra-structure for the future; who are the stakeholders and how should collaboration be conducted?
- What should a long-term future vision for health technology, emergency response consider (ethics, inclusivity, literacy, affordable access, cultural values, devices etc.)?
For further information please subscribe to the DC DDHT mailing list at:
- Send a blank email to [email protected]
- Subscribe via the web: https://groups.google.com/g/igf-dc-ddht