IGF 2020 Parliamentary Roundtable
Building trust in a time of COVID-19 response and post-COVID-19 recovery
Parliamentarians are among various important stakeholder groups that participate at the annual meeting of the Internet Governance Forum (IGF), in policy dialogue on data, inclusion, security and other areas related to Internet governance. In November 2019, at the 14th meeting of IGF, the first-ever parliamentary session was convened as part of the main programme, and a key outcome was delivered as “The Jimmy Schulz Call: Messages from the parliamentarians”.
The IGF 2020 will also feature a Parliamentary Roundtable high-level session to support continuity and linkages between the annual meetings of IGF with other global, regional and national legislative bodies. The Parliamentary Roundtable is scheduled on 10 November 2020 at 17:00-18:30 hrs UTC. The interactive discussion between members of parliaments from all parts of the world, will focus on ways of building trust in the COVID-19 time and how people can recover from it.
- Dr. Andy Williamson, Senior Researcher, Centre for Innovation in Parliament, Inter-Parliamentary Union
- Mr. Liu Zhenmin, UN Under-Secretary-General for Economic and Social Affairs
- Mr. Martin Chungong, IPU Secretary General
- Mr. Manuel Höferlin, Germany
- Ms. Margarita Escobar, El Salvador
- Mr. Alexander Khinshtein, Russian Federation
- Ms. Biodun Olujimi, Nigeria
- Mr. Mattia Fantinati, Italy
- Mr. Krzysztof Gawkowski, Poland
- Ms. Marina Kaljurand, European Parliament
- Ms. Florence Levy, Nicaragua
- Mr. José Antonio Zepeda, Nicaragua
- Mr. Hasanul Haq Inu, Bangladesh
(The draft output document was subject for consultations by 17 November).
The Parliamentary Roundtable is co-organized with the Inter-Parliamentary Union.