Thursday, 1st December, 2022 (10:45 UTC) - Thursday, 1st December, 2022 (12:00 UTC)
The parliamentary roundtable will mark the wrap-up of the IGF 2022 parliamentary track.
MPs and representatives of other stakeholder groups will engage in a dialogue on the following and similar questions:
- What roles can/should parliaments play in addressing cyberthreats and fostering strengthened multistakeholder cooperation at national, regional and international levels?
- What are the roles of responsibilities of various actors (governments, parliaments, private sector, technical community, civil society) in addressing cyberthreats and contributing to the creation of a safer and more secure digital space?
- What key international multistakeholder initiatives are in place and how can their work be strengthened?
- Li Junhua | Under-Secretary-General for Economic and Social Affairs, United Nations
- Martin Chungong | Secretary General, Inter-Parliamentary Union
- Tagese Chafo | Speaker, House of Peoples’ Representatives of Ethiopia
- Edmon Chung | ICANN Board and DotAsia
- Anriette Esterhuysen | Association for Progressive Communications
- Carlos Sebastian Garcia | MP, Paraguay
- Samuel George | MP, Ghana
- Tereza Horejsova | Global Forum on Cyber Expertise (moderator)
- Miapetra Kumpula Natri | Member of the European Parliament
- Jimson Olufuye | AfICTA