This third session of the IGF Parliamentary Track, titled Unpacking UN Processes, will focus on the following issues:
- Current international framework of responsible state behaviour in cyberspace shaped by the GGE and OEWG) - What it brings, and what are the direct implications for the work of parliaments (both in terms of implementation of agreed norms and CBMs, and in terms of further shaping the agreement like national positions on the applicability of international law)?
- OEWG: Open issues, involvement of countries and their readiness, expectations, and possible future processes.
- Ad Hoc Committee: What are the main issues under consideration? Are these areas of agreement and disagreement?
- Which other intergovernmental processes tackle security issues and why are these relevant?
- How can parliamentarians help raise awareness about these processes and strengthen the engagement of national actors?
- Tobias Bacherle | MP, Germany
- Jose Cepeda | MP, Spain
- Anriette Esterhuysen | Association for Progressive Communications
- Timothy Masiu | MP, Minister for Communication & Information Technology, Papua New Guinea
- Vladimir Radunovic | Diplo
- Sorina Teleanu | Diplo, IGF Secretariat (moderator)
Please note that this is a closed session, dedicated to members of parliament and parliamentary staff. The Zoom link will be sent directly to invited participants.
For more information, please visit Parliamentary Track IGF 2022.