IGF 2022 Village Booth - Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
ICANN's mission is to help ensure a stable, secure, and unified global Internet. To reach another person on the Internet, you need to type an address – a name or a number – into your computer or other device. That address must be unique so computers know where to find each other. ICANN helps coordinate and support these unique identifiers across the world. ICANN was formed in 1998 as a not-for-profit public-benefit corporation with a community of participants from all over the world.
FIND YOUR PLACE AT ICANN
ICANN’s multistakeholder model provides many opportunities to get involved. Choose your background on the right to learn which constituent groups within ICANN may interest you. See our organizational structure to learn how all our groups work together to achieve our goals.
ICANN Sessions at the IGF2021
THE HISTORY OF THE INTERNET CORPORATION FOR ASSIGNED NAMES AND NUMBERS (ICANN)
DON’T FORGET TO FOLLOW:
ICANN’s Government Engagement IGO Observations
Visit the Government Engagement Publications page, where we periodically share information and analysis with the community at large. These publications explore the different political structures and processes in place, covering everything from the ongoing cyber discussions taking place in the various United Nations (UN) and IGOs’ structures, to discussions of the European political agenda.
ICANN’s Office of the Chief Technology Officer (OCTO) PublicationsOCTO creates and publishes a portfolio of research papers and technical briefings for ICANN’s diverse technical community on a regular basis. See the full list of OCTO publications here.
UNIVERSAL ACCEPTANCE (UA)
Read all UA news here: https://uasg.tech/
RESOURCES FOR NEWCOMERS
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- Twitter: @icann, @icann_ru, @icann_fr, @icann_ar, @icann_es, @icann_pt
- Linkedin: linkedin/company/icann
- Facebook: facebook.com/icannorg
- Instagram: instagram.com/icannorg
What is At-Large?
"At-Large" is the name for the community of individual Internet users who participate in the policy development work of ICANN. You can learn more about the community and its activities on this website, as well as how to join and participate in building the future of the worldwide Domain Name System (DNS) and other unique identifiers that every single user of the Internet relies on every time they go online.
At-Large community Website, which provides additional information on the ICANN At-Large Community. See: https://community.icann.org/x/ppEi
The At-Large Outreach Activities at the Virtual IGF 2020 workspace includes all the IGF sessions being organized by At-Large Members.
Regional At-Large Organizations (RALOs)
The five RALOs unite our At-Large Structures (ALSes) and individual members and individual members based on their geographic regions.
- African Regional At-Large Organization (AFRALO). See https://community.icann.org/display/AFRALO
- Asian, Australasian and Pacific Islands Regional At-Large Organization (APRALO). See https://community.icann.org/display/APRALO
- European Regional At-Large Organization (EURALO). See https://community.icann.org/display/EURALO
- Latin American and Caribbean Islands Regional At-Large Organization (LACRALO). See https://community.icann.org/display/LACRALO
- North American Regional At-Large Organization (NARALO). See https://community.icann.org/display/NARALO