Below is the list of MAG members for 2017, with affiliations, stakeholder groups and terms served, including the current one. The list is followed by links to the previous MAGs, from 2011 to 2016.
This list includes former IGF Host Country representatives as well as representatives of intergovernmental organizations that contribute to the MAG's work.
• Ms. St. Amour, Lynn
Boston, USA – CEO, Internet Matters
Honorary Host Country Co-Chair
• Mr. Schneider, Thomas
Biel/Bienne, Switzerland – Ambassador and Director of International Affairs, Swiss Federal Office of Communications (OFCOM), Federal Department of the Environment, Transport, Energy and Communications (DETEC)
• Ms. Abdulla, Rasha (Civil Society, 2 terms)
Cairo, Egypt – Professor, American University in Cairo
• Ms. Aquino Ribeiro, Renata (Civil Society, 2 terms)
Fortaleza, Brazil - Researcher and teacher, E. I. Consulting, Fortaleza, Brazil
• Mr. Iliya Bazlyankov (Private Sector, 2 terms)
Sofia, Bulgaria – CIO, UNICART
• Mr. Bello, Pablo (Private Sector, 1 term)
Santiago, Chile – Secretary General, Association of Inter American Telecom Enterprises (ASIET)
• Ms. Bidart, Silvia (Private Sector, 3 terms)
Buenos Aires, Argentina - Director General, Federation of ICT Ibero-Latin American Industry National Associations
• Ms. Bou Harb, Zeina (Government, 2 terms)
Beirut, Lebanon – OGERO Telecom, Ministry of Telecommunications
• Mr. Candia, Miguel (Government, 1 term)
Geneva, Switzerland – Officer, Permanent Mission of Paraguay to the UN Office at Geneva
• Mr. Casasbuenas, Julian (Civil Society, 2 terms)
Bogota, Colombia - Director, Colnodo
• Mr. Cheon, Billy Mooho (Government, 2 terms)
Seoul, Republic of Korea – General Researcher, Korea Internet & Security Agency
• Mr. Dengate Thrush, Peter (Technical Community, 3 terms)
Wellington, New Zealand – Counsel, Barrister
• Mr. Donkor, Wisdom (Government, 2 terms)
Accra, Ghana – Information Technology Manager, Technical Lead for Ghana Open Data Initiative, National Information Technology Agency
• Ms. Doria, Avri (Civil Society, 3 terms)
Providence, USA – Independent Researcher, DBA Technicalities
• Ms. Elanskaya, Yulia (Government, 3 terms)
Moscow, Russian Federation - Deputy Director of International Cooperation Department, Ministry of Telecom and Mass Communication
• Ms. Erramuspe, Alejandra (Government, 2 terms)
Montevideo, Uruguay – Communications Manager and Head of Internet Governance, Agencia de Gobierno Electrónico y Sociedad de la Información y el Conocimiento
• Mr. Fernández González, Juan Alfonso (Government, 3 terms)
Havana, Cuba – Advisor, Ministry of Communications
• Mr. Estrada, Miguel Ignacio* (Private Sector, 2 terms)
Buenos Aires, Argentina – CEO, 1977 SRL
• Ms. Franz, Liesyl I. (Government, 2 terms)
Washington, D.C., USA – Senior Policy Advisor in the Office of the Coordinator for Cyber Issues at the Department of State
• Ms. Gatto, Raquel (Technical Community, 1 term)
Sao Paulo, Brazil – Regional Policy Advisor, ISOC
• Mr. Haojun, Ji (Government, 1 term)
Geneva, Switzerland - Counsellor, Permanent Mission of China to the United Nations Office at Geneva
• Ms. Ho, Bianca Caroline (Civil Society, 3 terms)
Hong Kong, China - NetMission Ambassador, NetMission.Asia
• Mr. Ho Chi Ping, Patrick (Technical Community, 2 terms)
Hong Kong, China - Deputy Chairman and Secretary-General at China Energy Fund Committee
• Mr. Ilishebo, Michael (Government, 1 term)
Kitwe, Zambia - Officer, Zambia Police Service
• Ms. Inne, Anne Rachel (Technical Community, 1 term)
Washington DC, USA – Vice President for Government Engagement, ICANN
• Ms. Kaspar, Lea (Civil Society, 3 terms)
Zagreb, Croatia – Programme Lead, Global Partners Digital
• Ms. Kee, Jac sm (Civil Society, 3 terms)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - Women's Rights Programme Manager, Association for Progressive Communications
• Mr. Kenyanito, Ephraim Percy (Civil Society, 3 terms)
Eldoret, Kenya – Digital Program Officer, Article 19 Eastern Africa
• Ms. Laksmi, Shita (Civil Society, 3 terms)
Jakarta, Indonesia – Programme Manager, HIVOS Regional Office Southeast Asia
• Ms. Lazanski, Dominique (Private Sector, 3 terms)
London, United Kingdom – Public Policy Director, GSM Association
• Mr. Lo, Mamadou (Private Sector, 1 term)
Dakar, Senegal – Head of Communication and Information Department, Credit Agricole Bank
• Ms. Mahmutovic, Aida (Civil Society, 3 terms)
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina – Co-chair, Center for Internet governance
• Mr. Mansoor Ansari, Omar (Private Sector, 2 terms)
Kabul, Afghanistan – President, TechNation Afghanistan
• Mr. Markovic, Slobodan (Technical Community, 3 terms)
Belgrade, Serbia - Advisor for ICT Policy and Internet Community Relations, Serbian National Internet Domain Registry
• Ms. Miller, Cheryl Ann (Private Sector, 3 terms)
Washington, USA – Director of International Public Policy and Regulatory Affairs, Verizon
• Mr. Mochizuki, Kenta (Private Sector, 1 term)
Tokyo, Japan – Lawyer, Yahoo Japan Corporation
• Mr. Moisander, Juuso (Government, 3 terms)
Sipoo, Finland - Commercial Secretary, Information Society and ICT, Ministry for Foreign Affairs
• Mr. Mohammed, Muataz (Government, 2 terms)
Khartoum, Sudan – Head of Monitoring and Response, Sudan Computer and Emergency Response Team
• Mr. Ndicho Bambo, Samuel (Government, 1 term)
Yaoundé, Cameroon – Foreign Service Officer, Ministry of External Relations
• Ms. Nguyen, Carolyn (Private Sector, 1 term)
Washington DC, USA – Director, Technology Policy, Microsoft Corporation
• Mr. Olugbile, Segun (Private Sector, 3 terms)
Abuja, Nigeria – CEO, Continental Project Affairs Associates
• Mr. Onyango, Douglas (Technical Community, 2 terms)
Kampala, Uganda – Chief technology officer at Delta IT Solutions
• Mr. Ostrowski, Igor* (Private Sector, 3 terms)
Warsaw, Poland – Head, TMT Sector Group at Dentons Europe
• Ms. Paque, Virginia (Civil Society, 3 terms)
Maracay, Venezuela – Director Internet Governance Programmes, DiploFoundation
• Mr. Pérez Galindo, Rafael (Government, 2 terms)
Madrid, Spain – Head of Unit, Directorate for Information Society Services, Ministry of Industry, Energy and Tourism
• Mr. Philippot, Jean-Paul (Media, 1 term)
Brussels, Belgium – President, European Broadcasting Union
• Mr. Rhijn van, Arnold (Government, 2 terms)
The Hague, Netherlands– Senior Policy Advisor, Directorate-General for Energy, Telecom and Competition, Ministry of Economic Affairs
• Ms. Sakalova, Marianne (Civil Society, 3 terms)
Minsk, Belarus – Consultant on Internet related Policies, Legal Transformations Center
• Mr. Son, Tran Van (Government, 2 terms)
Geneva, Switzerland – Permanent Mission of Viet Nam
• Mr. Szubert, Krzysztof (Government, 1 term)
Warsaw, Poland – Strategic Advisor, Ministry of Digital Affairs
• Ms. Tamanikaiwaimaro, Salanieta(Civil Society, 2 terms)
Suva, Fiji – President, South Pacific Computer Society
• Ms. Thomas Raynaud, Elizabeth (Private Sector, 2 terms)
Paris, France - Senior Policy Executive, Digital Economy and Project Director at International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
• Mr. Valdez, German (Technical Community, 3 terms)
Brisbane, Australia – Executive Secretary, Number Resource Organisation
• Mr. Wagner, Flávio (Technical Community, 3 terms)
Porto Alegre, Brazil – Board Member, Brazilian Internet Steering Committee (CGI.br)
• Mr. Wanawit, Akhuputra (Government, 2 terms)
Bangkok, Thailand – Deputy Executive Director, Electronic Transactions Development Agency, Ministry of Information and Communication Technology
• Ms. Watkins, Laura (Technical Community, 2 terms)
Oxford, United Kingdom – Policy Executive at Nominet
* During the 2016 term, the member has changed the initial stakeholder group from Government to private sector. The change has been made accordingly.
The seat for this stakeholder group will be removed as soon as the member's tenure ends.
The following former IGF host countries are also invited to attend and contribute to MAG meetings:
• Brazil - designated Mr. Igor Resende (Deputy Head of the Information Society Division, on behalf of the Communication Ministry of Brazil) as representative.
• India - designated Mr. Rahul Gosain (Department of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India) as representative.
• Egypt - designated Ms. Christine Arida (Director of Telecom Services and Planning Division, National Telecom Regulatory Authority) as representative.
• Kenya - designated Mr. Dennis Chebitwey (Director of Public Communications, Ministry of Information, Communications and Technology of Kenya) as representative.
• Azerbaijan - designated Mr. Nariman Hajiyev (Manager of Project "Modernization of sustainability and efficiency of the ICT infrastructure and services in the Republic of Azerbaijan", Ministry of Communication and Information Technologies) as representative.
• Indonesia - designated Mr. Moedjiono, Sardjoeni (National ICT Council Executive Team Member) as representative.
• Turkey - designated Mr. Ihsan Durdu (Advisor to the Minister, Ministry of Transport and Communications) as representative.
• Brazil - designated Mr. Hartmut Glaser (Executive Secretary at the Brazilian Internet Steering Committee) as representative.
• Mexico - designated Mr. Israel Rosas (Internet Policy Analyst at the National Digital Strategy Coordination) as representative
Representatives of intergovernmental organizations (IGOs) and European Commission:
• Council of Europe - Mr. Lee Hibbard, Coordinator for Internet Governance and Information Society
• European Commission - Ms. Cristina Monti, International Relations Officer, Directorate-General for Communications Networks, Content and Technology
• International Telecommunication Union (ITU) - Ms. Despoina Sareidaki, Policy Analyst
• UN Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)
• UN Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) - Mr. Makane Faye, Chief, Knowledge Services Section, Public Information and Knowledge Management Division
• UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) - Mr. Cédric Wachholz, Programme Specialist, Communication and Information Sector, Knowledge Societies Division
• World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) - Mr. Victor Owade, External Relations Division
MAG Membership 2011-2016
- Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG) - List of Members 2016
- Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG) - List of Members 2015
- Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG) - List of Members 2014
- Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG) - List of Members 2013
- Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG) - List of Members 2012
- Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG) - List of Members 2011
Annual Press Releases on MAG Renewal
A press release announcing the renewal of the Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG) for 2016 was issued on 23 March 2016.
A press release announcing the renewal of the Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG) for 2015 was issued on 12 November 2014.
A press release announcing the renewal of the Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG) for 2014 was issued on 10 January 2014.
A press release announcing the renewal of the Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG) for 2013 was issued on 10 May 2013.
A press release announcing the renewal of the Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG) for 2012 was issued on 25 April 2012.
A press release announcing the renewal of the Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG) was issued on 5 May 2010. [pdf] [rtf] [French-rtf][French-pdf].