Panel - Auditorium - 60 Min
The EQUALS in Tech Awards is the flagship event of the EQUALS partnership, a multi-stakeholder initiative created to promote awareness; build political commitment, leverage knowledge, efforts, and resources to achieve digital gender equality at both the global and national levels.
The seventh annual EQUALS in Tech Awards celebrate initiatives that are closing the gender digital divide worldwide. This year, the number of categories will still reflect the structure of EQUALS, the Global Partnership to Bridge the Gender Digital Divide.
International Telecommunication Union
Ms. Doreen Bogdan-Martin, Director, ITU Telecommunication Development Bureau
Ms. Silvina Moschini, Founder of SheWorks! and TransparentBusiness first Unicorn women-led. EQUALS in Tech Award Winner 2019
Announcement of Winners
- Access Category: Ensuring that women and girls have full access to digital technologies, devices and services. Presenter: Mr. Mats Granryd, Director General, GSMA
- Skills Category: Empowering women and girls to acquire skills to become both ICT users and creators in the digital world and STEM fields. Presenter: Mr. Houlin Zhao, Secretary General, ITU
- Research Category: Sharing research to enable data-driven and evidence-based action in support of digital gender equality. Presenter: Dr. David Malone, Rector, UN University
- Leadership in SMEs Category: Supporting women entrepreneurs and creators in technology. Presenter: Ms. Pamela Coke-Hamilton, Executive Director, ITC
- Leadership in Tech Category: Promoting women in decision-making roles and leadership opportunities in the digital workforce. Presenter: Ms. Anita Bhatia, Deputy Executive Director, Resource Management, UN System Coordination, Sustainability and Partnerships, UN Women
GOAL 5: Gender Equality
GOAL 17: Partnerships for the Goals
This session has a special published link - already available: Please JOIN HERE